Bus / Truck / RV Maintenance Platform
Granite has built its reputation by manufacturing quality products that improve safety and productivity. Granite Industry’s line of bus and motor coach maintenance stands and work platforms (or “scaffolding”) provide the technician with efficient access to upper-level service zones, improving overall productivity while providing critical fall protection and ensuring a safe work environment. The bus scaffold work platforms are designed to provide a semi-stationary structure around the bus. Each work platform is packed full of safety conscious features such as toe boards, locking gates, guardrails, stairs with railings, expanded metal floors, and locking casters. Toe boards are helpful in preventing tools and materials from falling to the ground. The locking gates create transitions from section to section as well as creating a completely enclosed perimeter around the walkboard. The stairs include a sturdy railing which provides a much safer option than traditional ladders for hauling tools and materials. The walkboards can be made from either expanded metal or 5/8” plywood.
Each bus scaffold system is custom designed to ensure the shop gets exactly what they need. This improves safety and productivity. The system can be designed with removable sections for easy setup and storage. The locking casters provide maximum versatility and movability while still able to lock into place. The bus scaffolds are designed in house by our engineering department and then fabricated in our manufacturing plant. Both of these are located in Archbold, OH, ensuring that every bus scaffold platform has the appropriate features and attention to detail. The different steel components are all powder coated to provide a professional and lasting finish.
The work platforms can be a critical upgrade for any shop that is looking to reduce ladder liability and increase worker safety. The many satisfied bus maintenance shops attest to the quality and improved worker protection. Creating safer environments boosts worker confidence, lowers stress and improves productivity. It decreases the chance of injury and shows a commitment to continually improving the safety of the shop.
Granite Industries Bus Maintenance Scaffolding was featured in BUSRide Magazine: Read the article
Standard Boom Truck/Bus Maintenance Platform Features
- Removable sections – The stairs remove from the base allowing for quick and easy setup.
- Steel Casters – 5 inch casters come standard for level surfaces. These casters are top quality and allow for easy movement of the platforms.
- Dual Brakes – Casters all have individual brakes for maximum stability and control.
- Heavy Duty Decks – The decks are made from 5/8″ plywood or expanded steel. The edge banding is done with steel for maximum strength. This removes the need for rivets, screws or staples
- Spring Loaded Clips – These clips were developed to lock in the plywood walkboard. It allows for safer operation and quicker setup and tear down.
- Standard Guardrails – Easily attach two pieces that complete the guardrail system for the platform. A toeboard is included on the walkboards for maximum safety.
- Powder Coated Finish – This is the most effective way of protecting steel. Powder Coating bonds the paint to the metal ensuring a professional long lasting finish.
- Custom Engineering – Developed and designed specifically for this application.
- Maximum Load Capacity: 1,000 lb distributed
Optional or Customizable Boom Truck/Bus Maintenance Platform Features
- Adjustable Heights – The scaffold walkboards cant be made to adjust from 5 feet to 10 feet of standing height.
- Ease of Use – Adjustments are simple and can quickly be done. Simply set the walkboards on the desired height.
- Design – Since every maintenance platform is custom made, there are a wide range of available designs based on need.
It is the ideal work platform for:
- Boom Trucks
- Work Trucks
- Motorized Lifts
- Cargo Vans
- Power utility vehicles
- General utility vehicles
- Industrial trucks
- Plus many more!