Granite Industries is seeking a full-time employee for a Shipping/Receiving Laborer.
Position hours are M-F 7:00am-3:30pm
Posted: March 27th, 2017
Please submit application and/or resume by April 14th, 2017
Attn: Chad Kern
595 East Lugbill Road
Archbold, Ohio 43502
- Receiving and unloading truck freight – manually and/or with equipment.
- Verifying quantity and quality of orders, checking for damaged products, and cross-checking with purchase orders.
- Operating overhead crane/forklift experience.
- Moving or transporting materials and supplies between buildings in all climate conditions.
- Determining appropriate storage location and transferring product.
- Must be self-motivated individual and have good attendance.
- Examining and loading freight onto truck for shipping, ensuring shipment meets specifications.
- Scheduling deliveries and arranging for pickups.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
- Previous logistics experience — receiving, handling, storing, and shipping materials/supplies.
- Experience operating warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack and overhead crane.
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Experience using shipping software or programs such as FedEx or UPS.
- Basic computer knowledge, entering data and maintaining records and spreadsheets.